You may be one of the many people unknowingly living with or working around toxic mold.

Toxic Mold Signs and Symptoms

Most people are unaware that their home or workplace could be the breeding ground to their symptoms. In fact, it’s estimated that indoor pollutants, including toxic mold, are at a concentration of 2 to 5 times higher than that of the pollutants found outdoors and contributes to more than 50% of patients’ illnesses!

By far, the most common health issue caused by mold is an allergy. Mold-related allergic reactions include:

  • Coughing
  • Wheezing
  • Red, itchy, and watery eyes
  • Runny nose
  • Rash

If you’re someone who already has chronic or seasonal allergies, or suffers from a respiratory condition such as asthma or COPD, your allergic reaction to mold may be much more significant. These worsened allergic symptoms can cause:

  • Persistent coughing
  • Frequent chest cold
  • Headaches
  • Difficulty breathing
  • Sinus inflammation
  • Fatigue and lethargy

In cases of long-term toxic mold exposure, this may lead to more serious symptoms such as:

  • Poor memory and confusion
  • Sensitivity to light
  • Tingling and numbness in your hands and feet
  • Appetite swings and weight gain
  • Increased thirst
  • Hair loss
  • Metallic taste in your mouth
  • Abdominal pain, bloating, and diarrhea
  • Muscle cramps
  • Joint pain
  • Anxiety
  • Lightheadedness
  • Difficulty concentrating

Take Action Today

Water damage can put a damper on your home or business. Call Mold Doctors USA today at (865) 945-3000 for a free consultation. We have the experience to restore your property as seamlessly and quickly as possible.