Has your home or business recently suffered from water damage? Damages from water can be a catalyst for many structural problems in a home or business, as well as health problems for the occupants of the building. If not taken care of quickly and effectively, the long-term effects can have a serious impact. To restore your property and protect your health, a professional from Mold Doctors USA needs to come to your property and assess the damage.

Many people make the mistake of trying to handle the situation themselves, which results in potentially more damage being done. Below are some common mistakes people make when dealing with water damage:

You should NOT:

  • Adjust indoor air temperatures unless instructed by a professional
  • Enter an area with standing water (potential electric shock)
  • Turn off/on any appliances in the building due to potential electric shock
  • Use a wet/dry vacuum to remove water
  • Walk on wet surfaces (this keeps from spreading damage and contaminants in home)

You should also leave the building immediately after water damage if:

  • You have respiratory issues (including allergies and asthma)
  • You have a weakened immune systemElectrical appliances have been affected by water damage (potential electric shock)

Sometimes water damage isn’t in plain sight either. Just because you don’t see water doesn’t mean that there might not be a leak in your home or business. Water could be inside the walls, crawlspaces, and subfloors. When damage from water goes untreated, it quickly gets worse and the longer you wait, the more money it will cost to restore your home or business. If you notice discoloration or musty odors, it’s best to contact a professional to help.

If you currently need help, contact Mold Doctors USA now to speak to one of our experts. We work with all insurances to get you taken care of in the Knoxville and East Tennessee area. Call us today to schedule a free consultation!